COSEE China（中国海洋科学卓越教育伙伴计划）正在招募学生志愿者，欢迎有意在小学期中参加下述科普工作的同学报名。COSEE China 是国内七所大学借鉴美国海洋科学卓越教育中心（Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence，简称 COSEE）的成功经验而发起，依托近海海洋环境科学国家重点实验室（厦门大学）开展科普活动，至今已运行10年。我们的目标是：
COSEE China seeks volunteers to fill various positions (see below) for the upcoming academic year (minimum). COSEE China is an initiative started between 7 universities in China modeled after the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE) network in the United States. Our goals are to:
- Promote ocean literacy and awareness at the K-12, public, and university levels,
- Foster relationships between ocean scientists and educators, both internationally and domestically, and
- Bring marine science to the forefront of national development strategies and promote its
Virtual Camp Counselors. These individuals would function as camp counselors/facilitators in our annual Aquatic Sciences Summer Camp. Due to COVID related concerns, we are piloting a virtual form of this camp. Counselors would need to lead activities with small groups (up to 5) “campers” online over a period of 3-5 days, following a predetermined curriculum and schedule.
Project Assistant. This person (or persons) would be responsible for translating project related materials from Chinese to English and vice versa, conducting background research on topics relevant to our outreach projects, and writing media releases for our events (both pre- and post-). S/he would also work closely with relevant XMU departments to promote our events as well as with the other institutions and local K-12 schools.
Media specialists. This is a new program in coordination with the 70.8 Media Lab. Individuals would receive training science communication, social media development, and development on virtual and online programming. They would then be assigned to at least one over several projects to work on over the course of the semester, most likely through the Media Lab; however, there may be some through COSEE China as well. There is also a possibility for overlap and collaboration with some projects.
- Applicant should have excellent writing skills in both English and Chinese.
- Good communication skills.
- Background in ocean sciences not necessary but is helpful.
- Able to work independently as well as withing groups and work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Interested parties should email bilingual cover letters and CVs to the following people (please be sure to send a copy to ALL listed parties). In the subject line please state your name and the positions you are interested in applying for (you may apply for all 3 as they do not operate concurrently).
DEADLINE TO RECEIVE: MONDAY JULY 6, 2020 BY 8:00 AM