The working group “Palaeoceanography and Marine Sedimentology” at the Department of Geological Oceanography is seeking a Research Assistant for administrative and research matters.
Job Responsibilities include
· Assisting in all administrative matters, including but not limited to: helping with the translation of documents, maintaining budget and accounting of the working group, assistance with production and editing of grant proposals;
· Coordinating and assisting the laboratory activities of the working group
· University degree;
· Prior administrative experience in an academic setting preferred;
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Strong organization, planning and prioritization skills, ability to exercise initiative and take responsibility.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a CV before August 1, 2017, including academic qualifications and working experiences to: Prof. Stephan Steinke (email@example.com). Please indicate “Applying for a research assistant” in the title of the email.